24 February 2008

Predictions for Oscar - I have some.


Best Picture: No Country For Old Men
Director: The Coen Brothers (No Country For Old Men)
Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)
Actress: I really want to say Julie Christie, but Marion Cotillard will win this.
Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
Supporting Actress: Tilda Swinton
Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody (Juno) And when she wins, a little piece of my heart will die.
Adapted Screenplay: There Will Be Blood Diving Bell and the Butterfly could easily win this category, or No Country For Old Men if they're feeling the Cormac McCarthy love especially strongly.
Cinematography: There Will Be Blood
Art Direction: Sweeney Todd Or maybe Atonement?
Costumes: Atonement The green dress cinched this months ago.
Editing: The Bourne Ultimatum I suppose this could go to No Country For Old Men, but I'm betting on the Academy being tired of giving them Oscars after they probably didn't 'get' the ending.
Score: Atonement
Special Effects: The Golden Compass
Foreign: Austria - Counterfeiters
Song: Falling Slowly - Once
Make-up: La Vien En Rose
Sound Mixing: The Bourne Ultimatum
Animated: Ratatouille
Documentary: No End In Sight

I'm not even going to bother with the shorts...I've seen them all, but honestly, I have no idea what the Academy looks for in those categories. I think half the voters just do 'eeny-meeny-miny-mo' to choose.
I look forward to being [mostly] right tonight.

No comments: